Transportation Services staff are available to help you at gatehouses Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. until 9 p.m. and on Saturdays from 7 a.m. until noon.
Vehicle to Personal Residence
Travel between the duty station and official residence may be approved by the agency head or authorized designee for any one of the following reasons:
When may an agency permit an employee to use a state-owned or leased vehicle between duty station and home?
- When storing the vehicle at an employee’s residence is more advantageous or economical to the state than the purchase, lease, or rental of a commercial garage or other parking facility. The security and safety of state property is to be considered in determining the storage location of state-owned or leased vehicles.
- When an employee’s home is also the official station.
- When an individual commences a trip prior to the opening time of Fleet Services or when the individual returns from or completes a trip later than the closing time of the state or agency Fleet Services.
- When, because of darkness, late hour, isolated location, the area has a record of crime, there is a threat to the personal security of the employee, or there is a reasonable basis for fear or uneasiness of personal safety in returning a motor vehicle to Fleet Services or to its customary storage area.
- When it is economical or advantageous to the state to allow such incidental travel in a state-owned or leased motor vehicle, or as part of a commute trip reduction program as required by RCW 70.94.551. (Also refer to RCW 43.41.140).
Please fill out the form below in its entirety so that we may have the most accurate description as to why, when and for how long a Fleet Services vehicle will be parked at a personal residence: