The University of Washington: Facilities Services

U-PASS  Employee


Employee U-PASS Purchasing

New Option-Purchase U-PASS Online

Staff and faculty can now apply for annual U-PASS membership online - see info below.

Important note: The procedures described are for the program available to UW Seattle faculty and staff only. Harborview, UW Bothell and UW Tacoma have fiscally-separate U-PASS programs with similar, but not identical benefits. Please contact the applicable program if you are a Harborview or other campus employee: Harborview 206-744-3254; UW Bothell 425-352-3292; UW Tacoma 253-692-4669.

Permanent Employees

Employees in permanent positions working at least 50 percent-time.

Purchase U-PASS Online

UW Employees who want to purchase an annual U-PASS membership and pay for it through payroll deduction can now make their application online. The online application can also be used to renew or reinstate an expired or cancelled U-PASS on payroll deduction Apply online today.

Please note that annual U-PASS members who pay through payroll deduction will continue to be billed for the U-PASS until it expires or it is cancelled with Transportation Services. Members are financially responsible for the U-PASS and all associated charges, even if you separate from the University or are not receiving a paycheck. To cancel payroll deductions, contact Transportation Services to sign a stop-deduction form.

Or purchase your U-PASS membership in person

  • Bring your Husky Card to Transportation Services.
  • Pay for the quarterly U-PASS by cash, check, Husky Card account, or VISA/MasterCard or pay for the annual U-PASS with payroll deduction.
  • Wait 24 to 48 hours for your membership to be activation on buses and transit.

Faculty and staff who purchase a quarterly or annual Single Occupancy Vehicle (SOV) Day Parking Permit are eligible to receive a FREE U-PASS.

Emergency Ride Home for Faculty and Staff U-PASS Members:

Terms of Use

As part of the transition to the U-PASS with transit powered by ORCA, U-PASS members are required to acknowledge that they have read and accepted the new U-PASS Terms of Use. Open U-PASS terms of use in a new window.

Faculty and Staff U-PASS members who purchase their U-PASS online will be asked to accept the U-PASS Terms of Use online. Faculty and staff who purchase the U-PASS in person at Transportation Services will be asked to agree to the U-PASS Terms of Use at time of purchase.

Do you have questions or are you having issues with your new U-PASS powered by ORCA?

Report a problem


A faculty or staff U-PASS costs $132.00 per Calendar Quarter.

U-PASS Replacement: Employees and Affiliates

If your Husky Card with U-PASS powered by ORCA is lost, stolen or damaged, go to the Husky Card Account and ID Center located on the lower level of Odegaard Undergraduate Library, and obtain a replacement Husky Card. A replacement fee may apply and your U-PASS will be electronically transferred to your new Husky Card. Your U-PASS will be available for use 24 to 48 hours after issuance.

TEMP Pass: Temporary Employees

Temporary or hourly employees commuting regularly at least 3 days per week throughout the quarter.

  • Come to Transportation Services to purchase your TEMP Pass. Please bring your nine-digit employee ID number (available from your supervisor).
  • Pay for the quarterly TEMP Pass by cash, check or Visa/MasterCard.
  • As the cost of the TEMP Pass is partially subsidized by UW, employees must have UW EIDs and active employee status to purchase the TEMP Pass. If an employee does not have a valid UW EID or active status, please contact Commuter Services at
  • The TEMP Pass Eligibility Form is no longer necessary for employees who have active status in the HEPPS payroll database.

TEMP Pass Fees

A TEMP Pass costs $132.00 per Calendar Quarter.

TEMP Pass Replacement: Employees (temporary/hourly)

Come to the Commuter Services office to certify that the quarterly TEMP PASS has been lost or stolen. Pay the cash or check fee to obtain a replacement.

Commuter Services hours and location

Returning the U-PASS or TEMP Pass

Permanent Faculty and Staff, Affiliates, and Visiting Scholars

Annual U-PASS: If you are no longer a University of Washington employee (or no longer wish to retain the U-PASS), you must contact Transportation Services to request cancellation and to have payroll deductions stopped. You may visit the Transportation Services office in person to sign a stop payroll slip or you may email to request cancellation. Emails must include your name and employee ID number. You are responsible for the cost of the annual U-PASS if you fail to cancel it.

Quarterly U-PASS: If you are no longer a University of Washington employee, the U-PASS must be returned to the university. No refunds are issued for the quarterly U-PASS.

Temporary employees, retiree employees

If you are no longer a University of Washington employee and have an unexpired TEMP Pass, you must return it to Transportation Services. No refunds are issued for the quarterly TEMP Pass.