Facilities Maintenance fixes what is broken and keeps running what is not broken. If you have leaks, squeaks, breaks, graffiti and strange noises coming from closets and rooftops, Facilities Maintenance will respond to your problems.
- Repair of windows, glass display cases, and aquariums
- Installation and maintenance of window shades and blinds
- Repair and testing of refrigeration system components, refrigerator/freezers and ice machines
- Painting within public areas, including main entrances, public corridors, stairwells and restrooms (Effective August 2011 - Interior maintenance painting will only be accomplished for the removal of graffiti and/or to paint patches as necessary on walls of public spaces. Aesthetic painting of interior public spaces will be accomplished only when specific funds are identified from any residual balance in our maintenance budgets; funding from building renewal sources; or, when requested and funded by departmental funds.)
- Repair and maintenance of floors and floor coverings
- Foundations and structures, roofs, gutters, ceilings and ceiling tiles
- Repair and maintenance of stairways, handrails, ramps, doors and building entrances
- Furniture repair
- Repair and testing of electrical lighting and electrical systems
- Repair and maintenance of plumbing and water systems, water fountains, distilled water
- Medical / laboratory equipment repaired and maintained: lab utilities, sterilizers, washers and dryers, operating room lights, centrifuges, vacuum systems, RO water systems, stills, growth chambers, bio-safety cabinets
- Heavy equipment maintenance and repair: tractors, backhoes, cranes, and print plant equipment
- Kitchen equipment: maintenance including parts needed to overhaul equipment, machinery, ventilation fans and pumps
- Campus Grounds Management
- Landscaping and grounds maintenance
- Repair and maintenance of irrigation systems
- Pest management
- Roads, walkways and street lighting; street striping and traffic signage
- Building identification and signage
State Funded Maintenance Services
Services which are directly related to the overall operation and use of the University’s physical plant are usually paid by state funds. These services include work of a routine, recurring nature required to keep buildings, utilities, and grounds in safe and acceptable operating condition.
Department Funded Maintenance Services
Some maintenance services done by Facilities Services units are not covered by State-appropriated funds. These services (such as special equipment repair or maintenance services for self sustaining entities) must be paid for by the department. Visit our Special Use page for more information about the maintenance funding distinction.