Norstar Telephone FeaturesUSING NORSTAR FEATURES
Using a Norstar Feature
Programming Memory Buttons
Using a Norstar Feature
- Press [Feature] and enter the desired feature code on the dial pad, or press a programmed memory button.
- Follow the display messages. On a two-line display telephone, some features are also available on display buttons.
- You can program memory buttons for one-touch access to
frequently used features.
- Press [Feature] [*] .
- Press the memory button that you want to program.
- Press [Feature] and enter the feature code on the dial pad.
- You can also program frequently dialed numbers, using the following codes:
- [Feature] [*]  external autodial: Store an external telephone number for one-touch dialing. (using an access code if required).
- [Feature] [*]  Internal autodial: Store an internal intercom number for one-touch dialing.
- See your telephone User Card for details. You cannot program line, incoming line group, intercom, answer, or Handsfree/Mute buttons.
- Check what is programmed on any button. Use when labeling buttons.
- Press [Feature] [*] . Press any button.
- Send your calls to another telephone in your Norstar system.
- Press [Feature] . Follow the prompts in your display.
- Press [Feature] [#]  to cancel.
- Press [Feature]   to put a call on hold so that it can be picked up from any telephone in your Norstar system.
- The display shows a three-digit retrieval code.
- To retrieve a parked call, press [intercom] and dial a retrieval code on any telephone in your Norstar system.
- Answer any ringing telephone.
- Press [Feature]   and dial that telephone's extension number.
- Answer a call that is ringing at another telephone in your pickup group. The external call that has been ringing longest is answered first.
- Contact the UW Technology Service Center if you need a call pickup group established.
- Establish a conference call between yourself and two
- Make or answer the first call.
- Put the first call on hold.
- Make or answer the second call.
- After the second call is connected, press [Feature] .
- Press the line or intercom button of the first held call.
- Press [Rls] to end the conference call
To remove yourself from a conference permanently
- Press [Feature]  . The other two callers remain connected. (Some external lines may not support this feature.)
To put a conference on hold:
- Press [Hold]. The other two callers can still talk to each other.
To split a conference:
- Press the line or intercom button of one caller to consult privately while the other caller is on hold. To re-establish the conference, press [Feature] .
To disconnect one party:
- Press the line or intercom button of the caller you want to disconnect, then press [Rls].
- Press the line or intercom button of the remaining caller to resume your conversation.
To independently hold two calls:
- Press the line or intercom button of the first caller, then press [Hold]. The second caller is automatically put on hold. To re-establish the conference, retrieve one call from hold, press [Feature] , then retrieve the second call from hold.
- Adjust the contrast of your display.
- Press [Feature] [*] , then press a number from  to  (depending on you telephone). Press [Hold] to set your choice.
- To cancel press [Feature] [#]  
- When you are not on a call prevent all incoming calls, except priority calls, from ringing at your telephone. When you are on a call, block an incoming priority call.
- Temporarily suspend a call.
- To retrieve a held call, press the line button for the held call.
- [Feature]   or [Feature] [Hold]
- Temporarily suspend a call and prevent other telephones from picking it up.
- Automatically redial the last external telephone number that you dialed.
- Use to transfer callers to a telephone number.
- While on first call, press [Link]. Wait for dial tone.
- Dial next number, and hang up or wait for party to answer.
- If party answers, announce call, press [Link], and hang up.
- If no answer, press flashing line button to return to first call.
- Note: Use Transfer to transfer callers to an intercom number
- Generate a tone for as long as you hold down a button. This is used to communicate with devices like fax or answering machines. Long tones are in effect only for your current call.
- Send a message to a Norstar telephone's display.
- Press [Feature] . Enter the intercom number to send message to.
- Press [Feature] [#]  to cancel the message.
To view and reply to your messages:
- Press [Feature]  .
- Press [*] and [#] to view your message list.
- Press  to call the person who left you the message.
To erase a message:
- Press [Hold] while viewing a message.
- Make a page announcement through either the internal
(code1) or external (code2) speakers, or both (code 3). Zone
0 pages all zones.
- [Feature]   and zone (0 to 6)
- Make a page announcement to all, or to a specific group of Norstar telephones, through the telephone speakers. Zone 0 pages all zones.
- [Feature]  
- Make a page announcement through an external loudspeaker system.
Internal and External Page
- [Feature]   and zone (0 to 6)
- Make a page announcement through both your Norstar telephone speakers and an external loudspeaker system. Zone 0 pages all zones.
- Internal Page
- Program in an external autodial sequence to insert a 1.5 second delay.
- For pulse dialing: [*] also inserts a 1.5 second delay.
- Interrupt a person who is on a call or using Do Not Disturb.
- A person on another call can press [Feature]   to block your priority call.
- Select a distinctive ring to help differentiate between
your telephone and others nearby.
- Press [Feature] [*] 
- Enter the ring type number (1 to 4).
- Press [Hold]
- Make your telephone ring so that you can adjust the volume. You can also adjust the volume any time your telephone rings.
- Press [Feature] [*]  . Press your volume bar up or down.
- Save a number to redial later. Enter the code while you are on a call that you have dialed to save the number. Enter the code when you are not on a call to redial the saved number.
- Dial an external telephone number using a two-digit code. There are two types of speed dial codes: system (01 to 70) and personal (71 to 94). System speed dial codes can be used from any Norstar telephone in the system. They are assigned by your system coordinator.
- Personal speed dial codes are used exclusively at your
To Make a Call Using a Speed Dial
- Press [Feature] .
- Enter the two-digit code for the number (01 to 70 for system speed dial, 71 to 94 for personal speed dial).
To Program Personal Speed Dial
- Press [Feature] [*] 
- Enter a two-digit code from 71 to 94.
- Specify the external line by pressing a line button, a line pool button, or the intercom button. If you don't specify the external line, the system automatically chooses a line for the call.
- Dial the telephone number you want to program (up to 24 digits).
- Press [Hold].
- Record the code and number you have just programmed.
- You cannot program personal speed dial numbers while someone else is programming your Norstar system.
- To Make a Call Using a Speed Dial Code:
- Briefly display the time and date while you are on a call.
- Send a call to another telephone within your Norstar
- Make or answer a call,
- Press [Feature]   (or press the [Transfer] button below your display).
- Dial the intercom number where you want to transfer the call to.
- Stay on the line if you wish to speak to the person first.
- Press [Rls] to complete the transfer.
- If an external call is transferred to a busy internal or network extension, or is not answered after a few rings, the call automatically rings you back.
- Note: Use Link to transfer callers to a telephone number
- Make a voice announcement or begin a conversation through the speaker of another Norstar telephone without first making the other telephone ring.
- Prevent your telephone from receiving voice calls.
- Do Not Disturb ([Feature]  ) also prevents your telephone from receiving calls.