Each Admin Action has a status that can change based on manual action by the user. The status reflects where the action is in the whole grant lifecycle.
An Admin Action may have one of the following statuses:
- In OSP: The default status of a newly created action. OSP staff can edit actions with this status.
- Approved: When you click the Approve link in the left navigation, the status of an action changes from In OSP to Approved. OSP staff can still unlock and edit an action with this status.
- In GCA: PAC only – When you click the Send to GCA link in the left navigation, the status of a PAC changes from In OSP to In GCA. A PAC must have an Approved status, and not be on Hold, before you can send it to GCA. OSP staff cannot edit a PAC with this status.
- Returned By GCA: PAC only – This status indicates GCA sent the PAC back to OSP to add or correct information. OSP staff can unlock and edit a PAC with this status. When GCA returns a PAC, the system assigns it to the Prepared By person (or to the Failover Team if the person is no longer OSP staff). NOTE: You can personalized your tasklist to help identify these returned transactions.
- Re-Sent By OSP: PAC only – A PAC that was Returned By GCA status and OSP re-sent to GCA. OSP cannot edit a PAC with this status.
- Duplicate: An action has this status when you click the Mark as Duplication link. You must enter the number of the existing action that this one duplicates to assign this status.
- Denied: An action has this status when you click the Deny link in the left navigation.
- Processed: PAC only – A PAC has this status after GCA has fully processed the PAC and notified campus. OSP cannot edit a PAC with this status.
To view status history
If you have any questions about the status of an admin action, you can check its Status Page for the details.
There are several ways to assign an item to another person or to a virtual location such as File.
- From within the open item: click the Assignments tab
- From the Tasklist: find the item you want to reassign, click on Actions + and select Reassign
- From within the opened Cycle that contains the item: click Reassign next to that specific item
As a result, the Reassign page will display, either directly if the tab was clicked, or in a separate window.
Note: You cannot assign a Funding Action or any type of Admin Action to “File” if it has a status of “In OSP.”
Make the Reassignment
- Under Reassign, use the Assign To drop-down menu to select the desired individual or location
- Optionally, you can enter a comment in the OSP note field
- To complete the process, click Assign
If the Reassign page had opened in a separate window, it will automatically close when you click the Assign button.
Note: You also have the option to reassign an item when you add or modify a Hold, or change its status (Deny, Mark as Duplicate, Approve, etc.).
When you are reassigning an item that’s in a cycle, you can reassign other Related Cycle Items at the same time.
View Assignment History
You can also see the item’s Assignment History from the Reassign page. The history shows prior assignments and indicates the date and time, who made the change, the new assignment, and any added notes.
- On the Reassign page, scroll down to the Assignment History section, and click Show Assignment History to expand the section
The information displayed includes
- Date Assigned is the date of the change.
- Assigned By displays the person who made the change.
- Assigned To displays the new assigned person or location.
- OSP Note Text displays any notes entered with the reassignment; a system-generated comment displays for default, or initial, assignments.
You can mark any action as duplicate. To do so:
- From the Tasklist, search for and open the action that you need to mark as duplicate.
- On the left navigation menu, click Mark as Duplicate.
- Enter a comment in the OSP Notes section to track the changes, if necessary.
- Enter the ID Number for the duplicate item, and then click Mark as Duplicate.
To change an action to Denied status:
- Open the action you need to deny from the appropriate Tasklist.
- On the left navigation menu, click Deny.
- In the new window that opens, enter any notes, select the person or location for item reassignment to from the Reassign drop down menu, and then click Deny.
When you click Deny, the window will close and the action will display with the status of Denied.
If for some reason the status needs to change, the user may place the action back into the In OSP status by clicking In OSP on the left navigation menu and following step 3 above, clicking "In OSP" to complete the process.