To see a list of any related FAs or AAs, you can click on the Funding Actions or Admin Actions tab in an opened Application.
For FAs, the information shown includes:
- Funding Action Number
- Funding Action Amount
- Start and End dates of the funding period
- UW Budget Number for the currently funded project (six digit value), if assigned
- Sponsor Award Number, if present
You can click on the Open link to the left of the FA Number to open the item.
The AAs displayed here are direct children of the application. An items such as a PAC, which is a child of an FA, will not display.
For AAs, the information shown includes:
- Admin Action Number
- Sponsor Name
- PI Name
- Short Title
- Sponsor Award Number, if present
- Comment (first 20 characters)
You can click on the Admin Action Number to open the item.
The Admin Actions tab also includes a link to “Create New Admin Action”. See Create an Admin Action and Create a Funding Action for more details.
After you submit an application to the NIH which uses an Adobe form set, you can have the system automatically update the submission status information. This information displays in both SPAERC and SAGE.
To request the status updates, your application must
- have a status of In OSP
- have a post-submission Grants.gov tracking number
To start the process:
- Open and unlock the application
- Click on the Status tab
- Enter the complete tracking number (GRANT plus all digits) in the text box.
- Click the “Receive Adobe Status Updates” button to start the process.
Information about the submission status will display on the application’s Status page and the History & Comments page.
Status updates will begin to flow through to SPAERC within 10 minutes. SPAERC users can edit the Grants.Gov tracking ID while the application is still in “In OSP” status. Once you approve the application, you can no longer edit the tracking ID. If you need to change the tracking ID of an approved application, contact the SAGE Help Desk.
Receiving the status updates will also cause the Adobe Submission icon to appear on the tasklist for the application.
There are several ways to assign an item to another person or to a virtual location such as File.
- From within the open item: click the Assignments tab
- From the Tasklist: find the item you want to reassign, click on Actions + and select Reassign
- From within the opened Cycle that contains the item: click Reassign next to that specific item
As a result, the Reassign page will display, either directly if the tab was clicked, or in a separate window.
Note: You cannot assign a Funding Action or any type of Admin Action to “File” if it has a status of “In OSP.”
Make the Reassignment
- Under Reassign, use the Assign To drop-down menu to select the desired individual or location
- Optionally, you can enter a comment in the OSP note field
- To complete the process, click Assign
If the Reassign page had opened in a separate window, it will automatically close when you click the Assign button.
Note: You also have the option to reassign an item when you add or modify a Hold, or change its status (Deny, Mark as Duplicate, Approve, etc.).
When you are reassigning an item that’s in a cycle, you can reassign other Related Cycle Items at the same time.
View Assignment History
You can also see the item’s Assignment History from the Reassign page. The history shows prior assignments and indicates the date and time, who made the change, the new assignment, and any added notes.
- On the Reassign page, scroll down to the Assignment History section, and click Show Assignment History to expand the section
The information displayed includes
- Date Assigned is the date of the change.
- Assigned By displays the person who made the change.
- Assigned To displays the new assigned person or location.
- OSP Note Text displays any notes entered with the reassignment; a system-generated comment displays for default, or initial, assignments.