The following updates were released on April 25th, 2013:
- Attachments are viewable in SAGE:
- SAGE will display Subcontracts Actions (SA) attachments in the Related Documents section of the Attached Documents page on the eGC1 if the SA is in Active or Closed Out status and if the attachment type is other than To/From Communications.
- Recommendation: Use a file name that make it clear to the user what this attachment is related to (for example PO#857757SubcontractAGreement.doc.).
- Notes sections are now available:
- The Subcontract team now has the ability to type in Notes as needed for all status changes.
- These notes are required for changing to Denied or Duplicate status. A standard validation message will appear if you forget.
- SA has a new default status.
- Upon creation, an SA will have the default status of “pending”.
- You will not be able to close out a Subcontract if it has any SA with the status of pending or active. A validation message will appear when you try to do this.
ASTRA PAGE instead of error page
When people attempt to log in to a tool within the SAGE Suite (SAGE, SPAERC, and SERA) without the required ASTRA role, a page will display a list of people in their unit who can authorize access to it. Users will be able to choose an authorizer and send him or her a message to request access to the tool.
SAGE Updates SPAERC Users should know about:
New EH&S Compliance question in SAGE
- New question #7 : Will the project involve scientific diving?
- Explanation: Anyone diving under the University of Washington’s auspices must have current certification as a University of Washington Scientific Diver and adhere to the standards set forth in the UW’s Diving Safety Manual. EH&S will contact you to assist in meeting Diving Safety Program requirements prior to diving.
- The link to the diving safety program is. http://www.ehs.washington.edu/rbsdiving
- Answering “yes” to question 7 will add a watcher node to the approval graph. Sam Sublett and Pema Kitaeff are the EHS Diving watchers, and they will follow up with the PI.
Preliminary Benefit Rates are now available to SAGE Budget users.
- GIM 3 has been updated to allow Sage Budget preparers to choose between using current benefit rates or preliminary benefit rates for future budgeting. Users will also be able to look up rates within the revised GIM to view current and future rates as they become available.
- SAGE Budget will use the correct rate based on the period start date when using current and preliminary rates or current-only rates.
- Budget preparers can use a global update feature to update their budgets quickly when preliminary rates become available.
- The period entry page for a given person will indicate whether the rate is current or preliminary for that period.