SAGE General Updates
Updates throughout SAGE Suite.
Data Source Updates
SAGE Suite will now use Workday data rather than HEPPS data.
Technology updates were made to modernize and stabilize SAGE system as areas of the software were updated.
SAGE Personnel Chooser (throughout SAGE Suite)
Now search by EmployeeID, in addition to Name and UW NetID
Academic Appointments and Positions
When a Position and Academic Appointment are linked, they will be combined and displayed in one line
- Employee Name will display legal name
- Title will display the more useful Academic Appointment title when available. If not available, then Position title will display.
- Academic Appointment Type will display next to Title. This is new data available through Workday that provides information about the nature of the Academic Appointment. Academic Appointment Types can be Primary, Joint, Dual, or Admin. Academic Appointment Types are not applicable to Positions.
- Associated Organizational Units will display:
- Organization Name and Code display for Positions and Academic Appointments associated with a Position
- Supervisory Organization Name and Code display for Academic Appointments not related to a Position
- An indicator of a person’s Primary Position now displays next to the unit where the Primary Position resides. Primary Position replaces the former “home department” concept when determining necessary approvals.
SAGE eGC1 PI, Personnel, & Organizations Page Updates
Additional Organizational Reviewers Moved to Renamed PI, Personnel & Organizations Page
The former FG-9 Compliance page question for identifying additional organizational reviewers has been moved to the PI, Personnel & Organizations page, to align it with the personnel entries that are also feeding the approval graph. While selecting personnel, if joint appointment units need to be identified, you can now do so from the same page.
View Approval Graph link added to PI, Personnel & Organizations Page
The View Approval Graph link will now show in two places on the eGC1 — on the Certify and Route page (as always) and now also on the PI, Personnel & Organizations page. While you are changing personnel and adding additional organizational reviewers, this newly added link will allow you to quickly view the impact of your changes on the approval graph.
Primary Position Organization Code Added to Personnel Summary List
Once a person and their corresponding position have been added to the list of personnel, you will now see the organizational units for both the selected position and primary position for the chosen person. This will be a reminder that the primary position’s organizational unit will appear on the graph as well as the selected position.
SAGE Compliance Page Update
The additional organizational unit reviewers question (FG-9) has been relocated to the bottom of the PI, Personnel, & Organizations page (see above for more details).
SAGE Approvals Updates
Approval Graph Generation
- Primary Position Unit will now be used for adding Reviewers/Watchers to the Approval Graph, as the unit associated with the Primary Position replaces the concept of “home department”.
- Selected Unit will continue to be used for adding Reviewers/Watchers to the Approval Graph, but the unit will be derived as follows:
- If the selected line is for a Position, then SAGE will use the Position’s Organization Code
- If the selected line is for an Academic Appointment linked to a Position, then SAGE will use the linked Position’s Organization Code
- If the selected line is an Academic Appointment not linked to any Position, then SAGE will use the Supervisory Organization Code associated with the Academic Appointment
SAGE Budget Updates
Restructured to accommodate Workday data integration.
Are less granular in Workday with only one digit of sub-object code. They are associated with Job Profile and linked to Position rather than Distribution. Impacted Object codes are 01 Salaries and wages, 07 Employee benefits, and 08 Scholarships and awards.
- All ‘01-1X’ → ‘01-10’; ’01-2X’ → ’01-20’; etc.
- ’07-06’ → ’07-00’
- ’08-02’ → ’08-00’
Historical sub-object codes are still available for manual selection – if desired; user can select the old/more descriptive title description.
Multiple Object Code Types
The extra modal for Multiple Object Code types has been eliminated. The system defaults the object code to the one associated with the person’s Primary Position.
Benefit Rate & Costs
Default Benefit Exemptions
SAGE will now derive insurance and retirement benefit eligibility using the person’s Primary Position Object Code based on info provided by MAA as part of UW GIM 3 fringe-benefit-load-rate. This derivation of benefit exemptions works for all object codes except 01-70 (professional staff), which will default to “None” (no exemptions). For ’01-70’, there will also be an alert/message asking verify and update health and/or retirement benefit eligibility for professional staff personnel.
In Workday, Earning Codes replaces the concept of Earn Types. Earning Codes are less granular and do not map exactly to historical Earn Types. Earning Codes will display on the Line Update page under Pay Type, providing additional context about salary and wages.
Institutional Base Salary (UW Monthly Salary)
Salary and wages that are considered IBS will now be pre-checked based on the updated GIM 35 definition of IBS.
Reduced responsibility cannot be uniquely identified in Workday, so the RRD personnel notification email from SAGE that’s sent post-award has been discontinued.
Object Code ‘07’
SAGE does not receive any retiree Supplement data from Workday. Retirees without regular salaries but with active Academic Appointments can be added to your budget but salary and benefit information must be added manually using the [Starting Monthly Salary] field.
Object Code ‘08’
Stipends information under object code ’08’ is available as Stipends without benefits under ’08-00’ (less granular object code). Stipends under Object code ‘08’ are not considered UW Salary or IBS, and are excluded from benefit calculations.
There are 2 separate branches of distributions in Workday: planned compensation and period pays. Both are included in salary calculations for all salary fields. If current planned compensation and period pays, we will include those. If no current planned compensation or period pays are available, SAGE will utilize future dated data.
Update or Convert Salary
The SAGE Budget worksheet will now display an “H” icon next to Salary and Wages lines last updated with HEPPS data.
If you edit a HEPPS Salary and Wages line, the Line Setup modal will provide a link to “Convert” the salary, which will remove all HEPPS earning lines, and re-add the person’s latest salary lines from Workday. Prior to the removal, the system keeps a snapshot of the HEPPS earning data. The instant of the snapshot can be viewed using the History tab of a budget.
For Salary and Wages lines created or last updated with Workday data, no “H” indicator will display. The Line Setup modal will allow you to “Update” the salary (no conversion is needed).
The Update Periods modal has all periods displayed on the same page for the selected line item.
With the right access, the user can update salary and benefit for each period (and thereafter). However, if the selected record is personnel from HEPPS, then the Update Salary link will not be visible. The Update Salary link only works for Workday data.
The display of Sea Pay personnel and salary info has been rearranged and shown with multiple periods. # of Hour info for each period can be entered on the same page.
Worksheet Line Setup (Non-Personnel)
The “NOTES” icon has been removed, and a note section is added to the line Item setup page. Instead of going to Period 1, 2, etc., user can access the new Line Item Update page directly by using the “Go to Iine Item Update”.
The Line Setup page includes all periods on the same page. Other than the calculated fields such as % and totals, cells for all periods can be edited together. However, the totals are not recalculated upon entry, but upon leaving. User will only be able to view the new totals after Return to Worksheet.