Train with The Whole U! Whether you are new to exercise, are an avid exerciser, or want to try something different, The Whole U has created free online and in-person opportunities for you to be active.
Looking for motivation, tips, and a supportive community? Join the private Being Active Facebook group.
- Walking has many great benefits. Register for a 5K Walking Plan.
- Need support? Join the Chi Running/Chi Walking group.
Run or Run/Walk
- Are you new to running or training for your next race? Register for plans that will keep you accountable and help you progress safely for a 5K (beginner), 5K (intermediate), Half Marathon, or Full Marathon.
- Join The Whole U Endurance group on Facebook. We trained for the Seattle Rock ‘n Roll Race together and offer running tips!
- Step On Up with Stairs! Reach the height of the Space Needle, Mt. Baker, or Mt. Rainier and earn virtual medallions along the way. All fitness levels welcome.
- Looking for stairs? Here is a great resource listing all of the public stairs in Seattle and the number of steps!
- Register for the UW Medicine Cycling club or join the UW Cycling Club Facebook page.
- Stretch & Strengthen Handouts: Check out these strengthening and stretching exercises specific for bike riders. Sarah Hannah, PT and Brenda McKenzie, MPT from Hall Health created these handouts.
- Check out our guide to swimming in and near Seattle. It highlights parks and discount network members who have pools!
- Register for Coach Marti’s kettlebell handbook. Put your Guinness World Record bell to more use and try the fun workouts.
- Need group support and new strength moves every now and then? Join the Heavy Metal Caucus group.
Flex at Your Desk
- Register for a strength handout that you can do at your desk within 10 minutes.
- Model your in-office workout using these video tutorials:
- Register for an exercise band handout for workouts you can do almost anywhere.
- View our series of exercise band workouts on YouTube:
- Register for this handout to try a fun strengthening workout while putting your Guinness World Record exercise ball to use.
Dare to Do 2017
- During National Yoga Month, we challenged everyone to do one pose per week day. This handout includes all 21 poses and their benefits so you can try them on your own.
- View our series of Desk Yoga Videos on YouTube:
- Learn more moves from instructors at UW Recreation: