Protecting Siam's Heritage
Edited by Chris Baker
- $35.00s paperback (9786162150593) Add to Cart
- hardcover not available
- Published: August 2013
- Subject Listing: Asian Studies
- Bibliographic information: 368 pp., 200 illus., 148 color, notes, index, 7 x 10 in.
- Territorial rights: World rights except Southeast Asia
- Distributed for: Silkworm Books
The cultural heritage of Siam is exceptionally rich and distinctive. As everywhere, this heritage is under threat from the pace of changs and from the demands of tourism, mismanagement, and neglect. This book is the first to examine the value of Siam’s heritage and the need to protect it. These nineteen essays are written by pioneers of conservation over the last generation and by activists of today.
Chris Baker, with Pasuk Phongpaichit, is the translator of the great folk epic, The Tale of Khun Chang Khun Phaen.