We believe that networked information technology is changing the way teachers teach and learners learn, and we are committed to assisting in this transformation in ways that support the goals and values of the University of Washington.
UWired is committed to three interrelated goals.
We work to...
- provide access to the tools and resources that students and teachers need to use technology to enhance teaching and learning.
- promote fluency with information and information technology.
- foster innovation in technology-enabled teaching and learning.
Our work and our organization are informed by three core principles.
- People-centered--the needs and values of people should drive the use of technology.
- Collaborative--collaboration across institutions, units, and disciplines is the most effective way to address the challenges and opportunities created by information technology.
- Experimental--the changes caused by new technologies require us to experiment, evaluate, and innovate.