Center for Teaching and Learning
Call for Learning Community Topics and Facilitators
Looking for ways to get involved? Do you have a teaching and learning topic that would engage a group of colleagues? If so, consider facilitating a Learning Community (LC).
CTL is now accepting proposals for Summer 2015 and the 2015-2016 academic year. LCs bring together faculty members, graduate students, librarians, and staff educators for a series of meetings on like-minded topics. Dynamic conversations, resources, and opportunities to share issues and ideas are just a few of the things that participants walk away with.
Past LC topics have included:
- “Helping Students Learn from Student Peers”
- “Engaging Students in Large Classes: High Tech and Low Tech Strategies”
- “Reframing the Practice of Teaching: Including and Engaging All Students”
- “Engaging the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning”
- “Designing and Teaching Your Own Course”
- “Instructional Design: Models that Work for Learners”
Learning Community Information
Below are guidelines for facilitators and participants, developed by CTL in response to faculty, graduate student, and staff educator feedback.
Pending department approval, eligible facilitators will be compensated for their work at the conclusion of their Learning Community.
Submitting a Topic
Proposed topics should consider the following:
- Does this topic align with CTL’s work?
- How will this topic contribute to the scholarship of teaching and learning?
- Do I have experience, resources, data, or articles to start the conversation prior to participant input?
Submit topic HERE
- Summer Proposals: individuals will receive a response no later than June 1
- Fall Proposals: individuals will receive a response no later than August 1
Winter and Spring 2016 Proposals: responses will be sent concurrently during the Summer and Fall planning phases.
Christine Sugatan, CTL’s program manager, will contact you regarding your proposal. If your proposal is accepted, a planning meeting with Christine and a CTL Instructional Consultant will be scheduled.