What is it?
Lunch-time professional development workshops for graduate students on pertinent teaching topics.
When and Where
Workshops are held on the first Friday of every month at The Center for Teaching and Learning in Gerberding Hall
Upcoming Workshop dates:
- December 6, 2013 | 12:30-1:30pm | How to engage students when the material is dry
Workshop facilitated by: Jessica Campbell (English)
What’s in it for you?
- Brief, practical discussions of teaching issues
- A convenient way to learn about campus resources to support your teaching and professional development
- An opportunity to build your campus network
- The opportunity to lead discussions of interest to you
- Coffee, tea, and snacks!
- November 1, 2013: Getting your students to feel comfortable with academic discourse and entering the academic community
- October 4, 2013: Leveling the playing field for English language learner students
- August 2, 2013: Designing Your Own Course
- June 7, 2013: End of the Year Celebration
- May 3, 2013: How to Find Opportunities to Teach and Practice Teaching
- April 5, 2013: But you’re just the TA!: Strategies for Dealing with Challenging Student Interactions
- March 1, 2013: Engaging Knowledge Diversity: Strategies for Effectively Teaching All Students
- February 1, 2013: The Discourse of Teaching: How to Get your Students Thinking and Talking Productively