The CTL offers workshops for instructors on a variety of teaching and learning topics (see below for a list of past offerings). The workshops are designed to meet the needs of both seasoned professionals and newcomers. Each session offers the opportunity to discuss shared experiences and knowledge with colleagues.
Friday, November 8, 2013 | 2:30-4:00 | OUGL 220
Welcoming All Students: Teaching Student Veterans
Join UW instructors, staff and students for a discussion of ways that we can make the classroom experience more welcoming to student veterans. Consider challenges student veterans face in their learning at UW and identify strategies for helping support these nontraditional students. The workshop will include a panel of UW instructors, staff and students. Participants will engage in small and large group discussion.
Co-sponsored by the Veterans Center
This event is open to all UW faculty, staff, and students. Pre-workshop registration is required.
- Registration link (UW NetID required):https://catalyst.uw.edu/webq/survey/thectl/214501
Registration will be open from Monday, Oct. 7 to Friday, Nov. 8, 2013, 9am.
Contact Christine Sugatan (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions, if you are interested in facilitating a workshop, or if you have suggestions for future topics.
Previously Offered Workshops
- Engaging the Google Generation (Wtr 2013): https://tegr.it/y/14yfq
- Canvas as a Tool for Large-Class Engagement (Wtr 2013): https://tegr.it/y/14yfk
- Flipping the Classroom (Without Flipping Out) (Wtr 2013): https://tegr.it/y/11s2n
- The Teaching Potential of Lecture Capture with Tegrity (Wtr 2013): https://tegr.it/y/126qn
- Leading Dynamic Discussions (Fall 2011)
- Reducing Grading Time While Increasing Effectiveness (Fall 2011)
- Small Group Discussions (Fall 2011)
- Teaching as Scholarly Work: Conducting and Presenting Research on Your Pedagogy (Winter 2011)
- Understanding and Using Your Ratings (Winter 2011)