Consultations for instructors
CTL’s approach to instructional consultations
Our goal is to support UW instructors at all levels, novices to experts and everyone in between. CTL staff consult with faculty members, staff educators, graduate student instructors, as well as graduate and undergraduate teaching assistants. For this reason each consultation is customized, collaborative, and evidence based.
- Customized: Consultants focus on questions specific to individual teaching contexts, needs, and timeframes. Consultants will help you answer your questions by raising questions, providing feedback, and finding resources
- Collaborative: Consultants emphasize your expertise and collaborate with you to find instructional strategies that are effective for your unique teaching context.
- Evidence-based: Consultants draw on insights from research on teaching and learning and bring to the consultation data that will help you make important decisions about teaching.
To arrange an appointment or consultation, call CTL at 206-543-6588 or email email@example.com.
Common instructional consultation topics
- Course and syllabus design
- Teaching large classes
- Employing inclusive teaching strategies
- Teaching with technology
- And more
Gather student feedback
- Request a classroom observation
- Arrange for a Midterm Class Interview
- Collecting student feedback on your own
- Discuss your student ratings
Document your teaching / professional development
- Plan for peer review
- Teaching philosophy
- Teaching portfolio
- Scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL)