Search | Directories | Reference Tools
UW Home > Discover UW > Student Guide 

How to Order Your University of Washington Transcript

Important Transcript Ordering Information

Requesting Your Official Transcripts

Delivery of Your Official Transcripts

Three ways to order an Official UW Transcript

Ordering Online

Available only to current and former students who attended after 1982

Ordering transcripts online is only available to currently registered and former students who attended after 1982. You may order official transcripts with this Order Official Transcript tool or through MyUW on the Academics tab in the box labeled Grades. All transcripts ordered online will be automatically mailed. If you would like to pick-up your transcript in person, please see the section Fill Out a Transcript Request Form in Person.

Transcripts are printed each business night (Monday-Friday excluding holidays). If you order a transcript before 6pm PST, your transcript will be printed and mailed the next business day and you will get one confirmation email. If the order is received after 6pm, the transcript will be printed and mailed within two business days. Transcripts ordered on a Friday or over the weekend will be processed the next working day. There is a $2 convenience fee each time you use the service.

To order your transcript online you will need a UW NetID. As a former student, you will have a UW NetID (unless you attended prior to 1982)and your UWNetID remains the same throughout your life.

Send a Transcript Request form by mail, fax or emailed PDF

To order your official University of Washington transcript, please complete a Transcript Request Form with the following information:

  1. Your full name and any names you formerly used;
  2. Your University of Washington student number or your social security number (if student number is unknown, okay to leave blank);
  3. Your date of birth;
  4. Your approximate dates of attendance at the University of Washington;
  5. Your daytime telephone number and email address;
  6. The address or addresses where you want your University of Washington transcript sent;
  7. Your signature authorizing the transaction (unsigned Transcript Request Forms will NOT be processed);
  8. Include a form of payment to cover the $9 per copy transcript fee. We prefer Visa or Mastercard and require the expiration date, but also accept checks made out to the University of Washington.
  9. Please make sure you include a daytime phone number and email address so we can reach you quickly if there is a problem.

Once you complete the form, you may:

Fill out a Transcript Request Form in Person

We also offer ordering and picking up your transcript in person at the UW Seattle Campus. Please come to the Transcript Request Window at 225 Schmitz Hall and complete a Transcript Request form. Same day pick up is possible for 1-5 copies of your official transcript, or we will mail transcripts to the address of your choice, at no additional cost for national or international. There is a $9 per copy transcript fee that is required at the time of order. Payment is accepted by check, money order, Visa or MasterCard. If you need to pay in cash, complete the order form at the Transcript Request Window, then pay the fee at Student Fiscal Services, 129 Schmitz Hall. Student Fiscal Services is open from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.

Map to Schmitz Hall, 1400 NE Campus Parkway, Seattle WA 98105

Unofficial UW Transcript

Current students and students who attended AFTER 1982

Current students and students who attended after 1982 may access unofficial transcripts through the Grades box found on the Academics tab on MyUW. Use your UW NetID and password to access MyUW. It will create a PDF file of your unofficial transcript for you to view or print. You may pick-up a copy of your unofficial transcript in person from the Transcript Request Window, 225 Schmitz Hall or the Undergraduate Gateway Center, 171 Mary Gates Hall. The unofficial transcript is issued at no charge and you may request one per day. Unofficial transcripts are not faxed or sent via e-mail from our office.

Students who attended BEFORE 1982 (More recent attendees please see previous paragraph!)

You may obtain an unofficial copy of your UW transcript by coming into our office at 225 Schmitz Hall or request to have it mailed to you. (NOTE: We cannot email or fax unofficial transcripts.) To request an unofficial transcript be mailed to you, please print the following information on a piece of paper and sign it.

Then forward this document to the UW Transcript Office by:

Ordering your Academic Record

If you were only enrolled in non-credit/clock hour UW School of Professional and Continuing Education units or were enrolled in coursework for a Certificate program, you will not have a transcript record. You must contact the UW PCE office at (206) 543-2350 to obtain a copy of your Academic Record.