Registration at UW
Registration at the University of Washington
The Registration Office at the University of Washington is here to support students with the registration process by providing guidelines and policy information.
There are many online resources to help understand the UW registration process. If after reviewing the resources and videos below, you find you still have questions, for MyPlan support please visit the MyPlan site.
For all other registration questions, please contact or visit the Registration Office, and a staff member will gladly assist you.
Before You Register
Registration is quick and easy to do, but good planning before you register is essential. Before you register be sure to read and review the following checklists:
- New Students
- Returning Students - see also Returning Student Reenrollment
- Continuing Students
- Access Program Students
- Tuition Exempt Students
If you are new to the registration process you may find it helpful to view the Getting Started with Registration video tutorial prior to beginning the registration process as well.
How to Register
In Autumn 2012, UW students gained a new online tool to help with planning their academic futures. Enhancements to MyPlan in 2015 included a registration "hand-off" process feature, which allows students to send their selected course section SLNs directly to the legacy registration system from within MyPlan.
- MyPlan - general information and resources
- MyPlan Tutorials - video tutorials for using MyPlan
- MyPlan Login
- Registration - How to register through MyUW
- Using Schedule Finder - to find open courses
- Using the Time Schedule - to browse current course offerings
- MyUW Login
What You Can Register for
- TimeSchedule - detailed listing of all available courses and their times
- Choosing Courses - advise from Undergraduate Advising
- General Education Graduation Requirements - requirements by college and school
- General Education Course Search
- Prerequisites - certain courses require that you have prerequisites in order to add that course.
- Placement Tests
- ESL Requirements
- Cross Campus Registration
- Registration Holds - a hold will prevent you from being able to register
When You Can Register
- Academic Calendar - full listing of all registration deadlines
- Course Add Periods - information on registration periods
- Graduating Senior Priority
- Priority Registration - for continuing students
- Late Registration - information regarding the Late Add Period
- Course Drop Periods - policy and dates regarding dropping courses
- Full Time Requirements
- Class Attendance
- Academic Satisfactory Progress
- Registration Tampering
- Registration Abuse
- Withdrawal, Quarter-Off, and On-leave policies