Gregory J D Smith
GEN ST 199
Introduces students to various aspects of the University of Washington community. Includes exploration of university resources and opportunities, and academically related skill development. Credit/no-credit only. Offered: A.
The Transfer and Returning Interest Group (TRIG) is a program designed to facilitate your transition to the University of Washington. Together, individually and with guest speakers, you will become familiar with the psychology department's advisers, faculty, and curriculum, as you make UW your new scholastic home.
Student learning goals
- To make connections with other students, faculty, and staff that are essential to successful academic, social, and community outcomes.
- Explore the personal and academic transition processes.
- Learn how to participate in your psychology department so that at the end of class, you will have drawn out a map to follow to your degree with more than just the "basics". UW has so much to offer!
- Develop study groups or study buddies that will continue through your education at the University of Washington and beyond.
- Get to know yourself better so that you can get connected into those areas at the U that will foster your interests.
General method of instruction
Interaction, interaction, and more interaction.
Class assignments and grading