Introduces dance as an art form. Studio experience in various dance forms. May include ballet, modern dance, musical theatre/jazz, and dance composition. Includes attendance at outside events. Prerequisite: DANCE 102.
Student learning goals
1) Understand dance as a cultural practice that reflects and impacts local communities and global cultures.
2) Develop and practice analytic, evaluative, and contextual skills requisite to critical thinking, kinesthetic understanding, and personal growth.
3) Develop and practice skills in rhythmic, movement and compositional analysis.
4) Engage in personal assessment and reflective practices that encourage self-directed learning.
5) Understand how basic principles of dance science and teaching methodologies can be applied to technical and aesthetic development.
6) Recognize and expand creative, artistic, and intellectual potentials.
General method of instruction
Class assignments and grading
Attendance at the M.F.A. Dance Concert Attendance at the M.F.A. Dance Concert Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 7:30pm through Sunday, May 18, 2014 - 2:00pm Turn in your ticket stub with your signature on it before the last day of classes.
You will be evaluated on the consistency of your growth, your level of energy, effort and engagement. You must arrive before each class begins in order to participate.