International Student Health Insurance

Medicaid & healthcare exchanges

The University of Washington does not currently offer medical coverage to U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents.  For help with applying for health insurance contact Hall Health Center’s Health Promotion Office at or 206-616-8476.

If you need insurance

UW students who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents can obtain insurance from a variety of private and public sources:

Additional resources