Benefits, Stipend, and Duration of Internship
Each internship position is a full-time (40 hours per week) university position. As a result, interns are provided with certain benefits. These benefits are as follows:
- 10 paid holidays
- Eight hours of sick leave per month. Leave may be used after the month earned; accrual starts September 1, 2017.
- 10 hours of annual leave per month. Leave may be used after the month earned; accrual starts September 1, 2017.
- Two personal days (one available for use between December 16, 2017 and December 31, 2017; the second is available between January 2, 2018 and August 15, 2018).
- Annual and professional leave approval will be based on clinic needs and satisfactory progress toward the accrual of direct clinical service hours required to complete the internship.
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits are available beginning September 1, 2017.
- Access to e-mail and internet. Each intern has a private/individual office with a computer and printer, a desk, bookshelf, and one or more lamps.
- As with other university staff members, interns have library privileges, access to university recreational facilities, and may purchase parking permits and discounted bus passes.
Intern stipends for the 2017-2018 fiscal year are budgeted at $25,056 for 12 months. The formal contract extends from August 16, 2017 through August 15, 2018.