In light of recent events, the University of Washington Counseling Center would like to reaffirm that we strive to be welcoming, affirming, and safe for ALL of our students. No matter where you are from, who you worship, or who you love – if you need to talk, we are here for you.
Our staff of psychologists and mental health counselors are available to provide culturally-responsive short-term counseling to students, as well as serving as a consultation and outreach resource for the entire UW community. All UW Seattle students who are in degree-seeking programs are eligible for our counseling services.
Updates about our services (4/24/2017):
- The current wait time for an initial appointment (intake) is 2 to 3 weeks, though it may be possible to be seen sooner if you call for a same-day appointment.
- If you are experiencing a crisis and need help right away, click here for information about crisis services.
- Once you have seen a counselor for an initial appointment, you may be provided with a referral to an outside provider if longer-term counseling is indicated. If you and your intake counselor agree that your needs are a good match for short-term UWCC services, you may need to wait 1-2 weeks before you begin meeting with your assigned counselor.
- If you would like referrals to providers in the community, please contact us and a counselor will assist you.
- How to schedule an appointment.
To learn more, watch a brief video about mental health at the UW.