Autumn quarter is often a time of stress and change, and our staff is here to help. Our staff of psychologists and mental health counselors provides brief counseling, assessment, referral, and crisis intervention services to currently enrolled University of Washington students. There is no charge for most of our services.
Students currently enrolled in degree-seeking programs at the UW Seattle campus are generally eligible for services at the Counseling Center. Because the Counseling Center is funded through tuition and the Services and Activities Fee (SAF), students outside this central funding structure are not eligible for ongoing services. These students are welcome to call us to request assistance with referrals to resources in the local community.
Updates about our services (10/24/2016):
- The current wait time for an initial appointment (intake) is about 3 weeks, though it may be possible to be seen sooner if you call for a same-day appointment.
- If you are experiencing a crisis and need help right away, click here for information about crisis services.
- Once you have seen a counselor for an initial appointment, you may be provided with a referral to an outside provider if longer-term counseling is indicated. If you and your intake counselor agree that your needs are a good match for short-term UWCC services, you may need to wait 1-2 weeks before you begin meeting with your assigned counselor.
- If you would like referrals to providers in the community, please contact us and a counselor will assist you.
- How to schedule an appointment.
To learn more, watch a brief video about mental health at the UW.