This course curriculum is an introduction to the design, creation, and maintenance of web pages and websites. With it, you will learn how to critically evaluate website quality; learn how to create and maintain quality web pages; learn about web design standards and why they're important; and learn to create and manipulate images.
- You will gain the skills and project-based experience needed for entry into web design and development careers.
- You will be able to use a variety of strategies and tools to create websites.
- You will develop awareness and appreciation of the many ways that people access the web, and will be able to create standards-based websites that can be accessed by the full spectrum of web access technologies.
How to Use This Course
The current page is your home page for the course. Bookmark it for easy reference. The course is organized into the following seven units. Each unit is further organized into modules, and each module includes one or more lessons.
Proceed through the course by completing each unit, module, and lesson in order. The units are listed below. Lessons for each unit are all listed on the Lessons page, and are linked below for easy access. Your instructor will have additional activities for you along the way.
- Unit One: Designing and Planning Web Pages
- Unit Two: Creating Web Pages with HTML
- Unit Three: Formatting Web Pages with Style Sheets
- Unit Four: Graphics
- Unit Five: Scripting
- Unit Six: Quality Control
- Unit Seven: Website Management and Authoring Tools
- Unit Eight: Client Website