Washington National Guard members and their families may be eligible for residency. If you are a member of the Washington National Guard, you are eligible for residency under RCW 28B.15.012(2)(g). If you are a dependent (child or spouse) of a Washington National Guard, you are eligible for residency under RCW 28B.15.012(2)(h).

If you are not enrolled at the Seattle campus, please visit the UW Tacoma Residency Office or the UW Bothell Residency Office websites for more information.

To apply for residency as a Washington National Guard member or as a member’s spouse/dependents at UW Seattle, students must:

  1. Complete the Residency Form
  2. Provide supporting documentation such as a copy of the student’s military ID and a copy of the member’s statement of service or orders showing the date of assignment to Washington State.


If you are granted residency as WA National Guard or as a dependent of a WA National Guard, you are not eligible for certain state need-based financial aid programs such as Washington College Grant or College Bound. To establish residency in a way that makes you eligible for state need-based aid programs, please refer to the Residency Classification Office for residency requirements.