Become an hourly Catalyst Web Tools and Canvas consultant!
We are looking for undergraduate students to work as consultants in our Odegaard 230 office. As a consultant, you will
help faculty, TAs, staff, and students use the nationally recognized, award-winning Catalyst Web Tools and the Canvas LMS
to support their teaching, research, or work.
As a staff consultant, you will:
- Provide front-line support via email and over the phone
- Consult one-on-one with UW instructors, staff, and students
- Build experience with software testing and QA
- Help lead UW-IT workshops for instructors and staff
- Work with professional staff and developers to further improve the services
We are looking for someone with a collection of the following skills:
- Able to work with Macs and PCs
- Ability to quickly learn technological skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Decisive problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented and organized
- Interest in working in a technology related field
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Leadership qualities
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Desire to learn about new software and developments
We encourage all undergraduate students to apply. We are looking for
applicants who are willing to work at least one year. Consultants are
expected to work at least 12 hours per week.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for a Catalyst and Canvas Consultant position, please add your resume and cover letter explaining
your interests and how your background qualifies you for the position. Please submit via
our online dropbox.
A satisfactory outcome from a criminal background verification will be required prior to hire.