An opportunity to learn about current, exciting research in a wide variety of disciplines.
- weekly, fifty-minute discussions with Q&A time
- guest speakers every week, primarily UW faculty
- information on the process of discovery, how faculty design research projects, how inquiry is structured in the different disciplines, and how students can become involved in the knowledge-making process
- course may be repeated for credit (1 credit per quarter-3 quarters max)
- topics and speaker will vary quarterly
View our Autumn 2023 Schedule
Past student experiences
“I really enjoyed hearing about [the guest speaker’s] experience and how passionate she is about her career. She opened up the opportunity for me to possibly work in her lab this summer, so I am excited about looking further into that. Overall, I want to take her advice about being focused on my passions and being determined in my research if that is what I choose to pursue.
“One thing about this that I found interesting about [the guest speaker’s] undergraduate researchers was that he doesn’t have many expectations for the students he brings in on the project, only that they have a desire to do research and are willing to learn. All of the skills that they need are taught to them through the research!…He even provided me a list of schools and offered to write letters of recommendation for me!”
Check out past speakers from previous quarters!