All Advisers Meetings
Each Autumn and Spring quarter, there is a campus-wide meeting for all advisers on the UW Seattle campus. These meetings are planned by members of the Academic Affairs and Advising Deans and Directors Group; contact Michaelann Jundt with questions or ideas.
The next All Advisers Meeting is Tuesday, April 9th 2019 between 9 a.m. and noon in Walker Ames Room in Kane Hall. The theme for 2018-2019 is the student experience as it relates to access to majors.
Previous All Advisers Meetings
- Summary of Strategic Enrollment Management Working Groups
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Technology, Data, Advising
A conversation with deans about the factors influencing enrollment changes, including “direct to” admissions.
- Panelists: Bob Stacey (College of Arts and Sciences), Brian Fabian (College of Engineering), Dan Grossman (Allen School of Computer Science and Engineering)
- Moderator: Ed Taylor, Dean and Vice Provost, Undergraduate Academic Affairs
Update and recommendations from the EARS working group and the Power of Social Capital by Dr. Christina Fong, Foster School of Business.
Sharing Information about Students - Dr. Helen Garret, Registrar and Dr. Ellen Taylor, Student Life
Identifying, Reaching out to, and Supporting Students in Crisis
- Panelists from Health & Wellness, Safe Campus, the Counseling Center, Disability Resources for Students, and Leadership Without Borders
Conversation with Provost Jerry Baldasty
The Profession of Advising: roles, responsibilities, and career trajectories