Working with us

General Hours

Our office is open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., we are closed during university holidays. Closed on 12/24 and from 3-5 p.m. on 12/31. 

Appointment Types

30-minute advising appointments are available throughout the year. You can make an appointment through our appointment scheduler or call (206) 543-2550 or stop by 141 Mary Gates Hall.

Drop-In Advising

Got a quick question? Stop by MGH 141 for drop-in advising Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.

During break (12/16 to 1/3/20), our drop-in advising is Monday-Friday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. There are no peer advisers during this time.

Note: Some topics (e.g., choosing a major, reinstatement) require deeper conversations, and cannot be answered in drop-in. If your question requires more time than 10 minutes, the adviser will refer you to a 30 minute appointment.


For questions that can be answered over email, you can reach out to your assigned adviser or email our general office email at Emails are answered within 1-2 business days.

Other types of appointments

Individualized Studies

Prior to your appointment, please review the Individualized Studies website and the Learning Plan Guide.

Low scholarship

If you are currently on academic warning or probation, please complete the academic self-assessment survey prior to making an appointment.

ROTC, military & veterans

Students who receive benefits through the veterans education benefits office (VEBO) need adviser assistance with forms. The two most common are the Quarterly Enrollment Certification Request form and the Credit Evaluation form. You can stop by during drop-in hours or make an appointment for help.  If you are admitted into a department, please see your departmental advisers. 

ROTC students competing for an ROTC scholarship must make an appointment with an adviser. 


If you have not yet declared a major, or have declared a major in the College of Arts & Sciences, and have been dropped for low scholarship, you will need to work with your assigned adviser who will help you file a petition for reinstatement. EOP, SSS, and CAMP-affiliated students should meet with an OMA&D adviser. For majors outside the College of Arts & Science, please check with the departmental adviser.