UW Study Abroad Endowed Scholarships
UW Study Abroad offers a limited number of endowed scholarships.
- Scholarships range from $2000 to $4000.
- No additional application required except from departmental exchange students – see below.
- Special consideration given to students with demonstrated financial need.
- All approved study abroad students who meet the following criteria are considered for a scholarship via their UW Study Abroad application:
- Maintain full-time status while abroad, enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits per quarter of enrollment during the academic year and a minimum of 5 credits for summer programs.
- Departmental exchange students must submit 1-page essay to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15.
- Meet the scholarship criteria below:
The Giovanni and Anne Costigan endowed scholarship fund
- UW junior or senior majoring in history, English or philosophy
- Studying on a UW exchange or approved affiliated program in the United Kingdom or Ireland
The Dow Chemical Foundation student exchange fund
- US citizen or permanent resident
- Participating in a UW exchange program to Asia
- Special consideration for STEM majors
The Helen Salladay Kaplanoff endowed travel fund
- Resident of Washington state
- Participating in a UW exchange or affiliated program outside of the US and Canada – grants not ordinarily made for programs taught primarily by US faculty members or attended primarily by U.S. students
- Priority for students pursuing immersive experiences