UW Time Schedule
There are a variety of links provided to assist you while viewing the Time
Click on the course title for the Course Catalog
Click on SLN for complete section details including the current
enrollment status and registration restrictions.
If a course has enforced prerequisites, it will say so on the
portion of the title bar; prerequisites
are listed in the course catalog. (click on title to display). Some
prerequisite courses indicate (cancellation in effect). Students
currently registered in prerequisite courses must meet a minimum
grade in order to remain registered in this section. Students who
register while currently taking a prerequisite course and then do not
meet the minimum grade or who withdraw after registration has occurred,
will be cancelled from the course whose prerequisites were not fulfilled.
Cancellation occurs Monday following the last day of final examinations,
with a second cancellation on the third day of the quarter.
General education and basic skills requirements are listed after
the course title. For additional information visit the general education and basic skills
requirements web page.
- C - English Composition
- DIV - Diversity
- I&S - Individuals and Societies
- NW - The Natural World
- QSR - Quantitative and Symbolic Reasoning
- VLPA - Visual, Literary, and Performing Arts
Buildings link to the appropriate campus map.
Click on the ? in the column headings for information about that column.
For distance, online, or remote-learning sections:
- Learners should note that the amount of work expected in any given course is determined by the number of credits that course carries, not by the amount of scheduled meeting time.
- Synchronous online/remote course: Learners attend some or all course sessions in real time, at the times specified in the Time Schedule. Instructors may also require learners to engage with others and complete activities outside of scheduled class time through the course learning management system.
- Asynchronous online/remote course: Learners do not attend course sessions in real time. Instead, learners meet all assignments, participation expectations, and deadlines, as articulated in the syllabus and other course materials in the course learning management system. The course may offer learners optional, ungraded opportunities to meet in real time, such as through virtual office hours.
This listing of courses is provided for planning purposes. The
University reserves the right to:
- add or delete courses from its offerings
- change times, days, or locations of courses
- change academic calendars, or
- cancel any courses for insufficient registration or
academic/administrative decision with out notice
All announcements in the Time Schedule are subject to change without
notice and do not constitute an agreement between the University of
Washington and the student.