Student Conduct

Making a report

If you believe that a student has engaged in conduct that is prohibited under the University’s Student Conduct Code, you may make a report to the University. The University will assess the report, and if a conduct proceeding is initiated, the University will conduct a prompt, fair and impartial investigation. For more information on the process, see Overview of conduct proceedings.

Certain types of misconduct by a student may also be a crime. If you believe a crime has been committed, you may also make report to law enforcement. A University conduct proceeding is separate from an investigation that the police might do to determine whether a crime has occurred.

The University also prohibits retaliation against those who make reports.

Reporting misconduct under Chapter 210

For all campuses, complaints of discriminatory and sexual harassment, intimate partner violence, sexual misconduct, stalking and retaliation under Chapter 210 Student Governance and Policies and/or conduct prohibited by the 2020 Department of Education federal regulations should be made to:

Title IX Investigation Office
4311 11th Ave. NE, Suite 220
Seattle, WA 98105
206-616-5334 |

Reporting academic misconduct or behavioral misconduct under Chapter 209

Reports of prohibited conduct of academic and other behavioral misconduct under Chapter 209 Student Governance and Policies should be made to:

Seattle campus
Community Standards & Student Conduct
Schmitz Hall 447
Box 355836
206-685-6194 |

Allegations of academic misconduct should be reported to the dean of the appropriate school or college or their authorized delegates. For more information refer to the Community Standards & Student Conduct website.

Bothell campus
Student Conduct
Box 358555
425-352-3183 |

Tacoma campus
Student Conduct
MAT 103
Box 358407
253-692-4901 |

Amnesty for alcohol or other drug violations

A conduct officer may elect not to initiate a conduct proceeding regarding alcohol or other drug violations against a student who, while in the course of helping another student seek medical assistance, admits to the unlawful possession or use of alcohol or drugs, provided that the possession was for personal consumption and the use did not place the health or safety of any other person at risk. The University may initiate an assessment or educational discussion or pursue other non-disciplinary options regarding alcohol or other drug use. See Section 4D of Chapter 209 and Section 4D of Chapter 210.

In addition, under Section 4D, Chapter 210, a conduct proceeding will not be initiated against a complainant or other reporting student or other participating witnesses who admit to the possession or use of alcohol or drugs in connection with a report under this policy.