Reassign an Item
There are several ways to assign an item to another person or to a virtual location such as File.
- From within the open item: click the Assignments tab
- From the Tasklist: find the item to be reassigned, click on Actions + and select Reassign
- From within the opened Cycle that contains the item: click Reassign next to that specific item
As a result, the Reassign page will display, either directly if the tab was clicked, or in a separate window.
Note: You cannot assign a Funding Action to "File" if it has a status of "In OSP."
Make the Reassignment
- Under Reassign, use the Assign To drop-down menu to select the desired individual or location
- Optionally, you can enter a comment in the OSP note field
- To complete the process, click Assign
If the Reassign page had opened in a separate window, it will automatically close when you click the Assign button.
Note: You also have the option to reassign an item when you add or modify a Hold, or change its status (Deny, Mark as Duplicate, Approve, etc.).
When an item being reassigned is within a cycle, any other Related Cycle Items can be reassigned at the same time. This feature is generally not used and will be removed in the future.
View Assignment History
You can also see the item’s Assignment History from the Reassign page. The history shows prior assignments and indicates the date and time, who made the change, the new assignment, and any added notes.
- On the Reassign page, scroll down to the Assignment History section, and click Show Assignment History to expand the section
The information displayed includes
- Date Assigned is the date of the change.
- Assigned By is the person who made the change.
- Assigned To is the person or location the item was assigned to.
- OSP Note Text displays any notes entered with the reassignment; this will be a system-generated comment for default, or initial, assignments.
Have feedback on this guide? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.