Budget Details Section
The Budget Details section provides basic information about the budget.
|Reference #||The unique reference number assigned to a budget when it is created.|
|Current Status||Values are:
|Budget Title||The Working Title for the budget; limited to 50 characters in length.|
|UW Organization Code Receiving Funding||The Organization code and unit name. The plus sign expands to show hierarchy.|
|Sponsor Name||The Sponsor name.|
|Is there a flow through sponsor? (optional)||The flow-through Sponsor name.|
|Cascade entries on non-salary items||Indicates if cascading was used.|
Rounding & Decimals Section
Indicates how values are displayed.
For rounding to whole dollars, SAGE Budget will round any value with 50 cents or more up to the next dollar.
On an expense Period Update screen in SAGE Budget, when Round Expenses is set to either To Whole Dollar or To Cents, then
- Dollar amounts display with two decimals except the Price field on non-salary entries.
- The Price field for non-salary entries displays the value as entered.
- Period totals are the only values that are rounded. They also display with 2 decimals, as $x,xxx.00 when To Whole Dollar rounding is selected.
When Rounding property is set to No Rounding then
- All dollar amounts display with the number of decimals shown in the Decimal display for dollar amounts setting.
Note: For any sub budgets, this section of the Properties tab will always have the same settings as the parent budget, and will not be editable.
|Round Expenses (Excludes unit prices)||Choices:
|Decimal display for dollar amounts||This field only displays for the Do Not Round choice.|
|Decimal display for percentages||The number of decimal places for percentages|
|Decimal display for general numbers||The number of decimal places for general numbers|
Inflation & Benefit Rates Section
The inflation rates apply to all appropriate fields for all budget periods.
- Salary applies to all personnel; default value is 2.00%
- Tuition applies to all personnel who have tuition line items; default value is 3.00%
- General applies to all budget lines except salary and tuition; default value is 0.00%
Indicates the choice to:
- Use preliminary benefit rates – used when available
- Use only current benefit rates – do not use preliminary rates
Sea Pay & APL Section
This section specifies whether your Budget included Sea Pay or Applied Physics Lab expenses.
|Budget includes Sea Pay||If checked, an “(01-86) Sea Pay” line is added to (01) Salary and Wages.|
|Budget includes Applied Physics Lab (APL)
|Indicates if APL line items, and PDC (Pro-rated Direct Costs) lines (if checked) were added to the budget.
The PDC Rate is used in determining the Pro-rated Direct Costs Value (PDCV), which equals the Pro-rated Direct Costs Rate (PDCR) multiplied by the sum of all MTDC values for each period.
The PDCV displays on the budget worksheet as read-only under the (19) APL section (object/sub object code 19-10)
PDCV = PDCR * (MTDC sum)
Note: APL PDC is considered an indirect cost by NIH, but a direct cost for SAGE Budget (and most other sponsors).
Checking Budget includes Fixed Fee displays the Fixed Fee Rate field.
This rate is used to determine the Fixed Fee Value (FFV), which is equal to the Fixed Fee Rate (FFR) multiplied by the sum of the Facilities and Administrative Costs (F&A) and the Total Direct Costs (TDC).
FFV = FFR * (F&A + TDC)
The FFV is then added to the sum of the TDC and F&A to calculate the Total Project Cost (TPC).
TPC = FFV + F&A + TDC