You can see all of your existing Significant Financial Interests (SFI) listed in this section. The information displayed is
- Name of Entity
- Interest Holder
- Nature of Interest
- Entity Type
The following image shows an example list.
You can add, edit, or delete SFI when you are creating a disclosure. Select Complete Disclosure or Create New Disclosure in the Action Items section to start this process.
If you are an investigator for an eGC1 with a Public Health Service (PHS) sponsor, you must disclose all Significant Financial Interests (SFI) related to your Institutional Duties, as defined by GIM 10: Financial Conflict of Interest Policy. FIDS will automatically link all of your SFI to any PHS-funded eGC1 disclosures. An eGC1 is PHS-sponsored based on either the Sponsor or the Originating Sponsor. A list of PHS Sponsors is available.
If your eGC1’s sponsor is not PHS, you should only include those SFI related to the eGC1’s research. Specifically, SFI related to research means that the SFI either impacts, or could appear to impact, the design, conduct, or reporting of any current or proposed research projects.
The Financial Interest Disclosure System (FIDS) is an online system that investigators use to disclose Significant Financial Interests (SFI) related to their research projects.
Access FIDS at http://www.washington.edu/research/tools/fids/
You will need to use FIDS to
- disclose your SFI for each eGC1 for which you are an investigator.
- disclose changes you make to your SFI, including updating information, adding new SFI, or deleting SFI.
- disclose your SFI for CoMotion technology transfer or Human Subjects Division (HSD).
For more information on
Parts of the Page
To help you navigate through FIDS, the following image shows the ten basic parts of the pages.
- Welcome with your name displays in the upper left of the window.
- Sign out link which will log you out of FIDS is to the right of your name.
- Help link which will open a new window and display the FIDS User Guide and other support pages. It’s to the right of the sign out link.
- Breadcrumb trail which you can click to return to your Profile page. Displays on the left, below the green FIDS banner.
- Page title which indicates the purpose of the page. Displays below the breadcrumb trail.
- Action Bar which will contain icons appropriate to the page. The Delete (trashcan) and Save icons appear in this image and appear on the right side of the bar, just below the page title.
- Section heading with a help icon to provide contextual help for this part of the page.
- Main section of the page, indicated by the pale colored background, where you might view information, enter or edit data, or click a link to add information in a new window.
- Page footer which contains buttons and/or links to complete this page and move to the next, or cancel out of this page and return to a prior state or page. Displays below the main section.
- System footer which contains links to Learning and Contact Us information.
Tip: Do not use your browser’s back button to navigate. Instead use the links and breadcrumb trail within FIDS.