Research histopathology service
To provide researchers fee-for-service access to expertise and state of the art instrumentation across a broad range of services including; routine histology, immunohistochemistry, microscopy, digital imaging and quantitative digital pathology, cell based multiplex assays and comparative pathology consultation.
This core is open to all investigators, including; UW and their affiliates, commercial and not-for-profit biotechnology companies, and other academic institutions.
- Routine histology including tissue processing and embedding (paraffin and OCT cryopreservation).
- Slide cutting and staining (H&E as well as affinity based histochemical (special stains).
- Immunohistochemistry, including antibody optimization and validation as well as consultation on staining strategy and antibody selection.
- Whole slide scanning, image analysis and stereology
- Conventional upright brightfield and fluorescent microscopy and image acquisition
- Luminex Cell Based Multiplex Assay
- Comparative Pathology Consultation from board certified Veterinary Pathologists
- Leica Bond
- Hamamatsu Nanozoomer Digital Pathology
- Visiopharm Integrator Software
- Nikon 90i upright research microscope
- Luminex Bio-Plex 200
- Deltavision Elite microscope
Histology, Immunohistochemistry, Immunofluorescence, Digital Imaging, Quantitative Digital Pathology
Histopathology, fixation, tissue processing, paraffin embedding, paraffin sectioning, frozen sections, cyrosections, IHC, antibodies, multiplexing, whole slide scanning, image analysis, stereology, Leica Bond, Visiopharm, Nanozoomer