The goal Statistical Center for HIV/AIDS Research & Prevention (SCHARP) is to eliminate or reduce the mortality and morbidity of the major infectious diseases of humankind.
The Vaccine and Infectious Disease Division (VIDD) is composed of three research groups: Population Sciences, including the Statistical Center for HIV and AIDS Research and Prevention (SCHARP), led by Dr. Steve Self; Infectious Disease Sciences; and Immunology and Vaccine Development, led by Dr. Julie McElrath. In addition, the international HIV Vaccine Trials Network (HVTN) is headquartered at VIDD.
Core Services Offered
SCHARP is comprised of over 150 employees, who provide vital statistical analysis and data management support for the following networks and consortia:
- HIV Vaccine Trials Network (HVTN)
- HIV Prevention Trials Network (HPTN)
- Microbicide Trials Network (MTN)
- Collaboration for AIDS Vaccine Discovery (CAVD)
- International Maternal Pediatric Adolescent AIDS Clinical Trials (IMPAACT)
- Center for HIV-AIDS Vaccine Immunology (CHAVI): http://www.scharp.org/about.html
National Institute of Health National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) 2005-2011, 2006-2013
Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation 2006-2011
National Institutes of Health (NIH) 2010-2015
National Cancer Institute (NCI) 1977-2013
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) 2006-2013