Concerns about improper foreign influence on federally-funded research at US universities have led to increased scrutiny and compliance enforcement. This video provides context and guidance for researchers engaged in international research collaborations in the form of a question-and-answer conversation between a principal investigator and UW subject matter experts.
Some of the questions asked and answered here (and more):
- How would I recognize a “foreign talent recruitment program”?
- What qualifies as a “foreign component”?
- When am I required to disclose or seek approval for international travel related to research?
- Under what circumstances does an international graduate student or postdoctoral scholar need to be identified as Key Personnel or Other Support?
- What export control regulations might apply to my international collaborations?
Researchers & Research Administrators
February 12, 2021
- Foreign Interest in Sponsored Programs
- Foreign Influence FAQs Through the Research Lifecycle
- Current and Pending, or Other Support
- Outside Professional Work
- Financial Conflict of Interest and Disclosing Significant Financial Interest