If any required questions have not been answered on the SmartForm, Zipline will not allow you to submit the application. You can easily check for errors before submitting.
The Submit activity must be completed once the application is ready to go to HSD. This activity:
- Must be completed by the PI or the PI Proxy
- Changes the application state from Pre-Submission to Pre-Review
- Sends the item to HSD for review
- Removes the study team’s ability to make edits while the study is in review unless HSD requests more information or a change to the study
1. Click Submit in the study workspace
2. Click OK to provide required verifications
The study transitions to Pre-Review state and is now in HSD’s queue for review.
Once HSD has reviewed the application, the PI, any PI proxies, and primary contact will receive an email notification that:
- HSD has completed the review of the application and no additional action is needed at this time; OR
- HSD requires more information or a change to the study before making a final determination
External IRB Review
Once HSD has reviewed the request to use a non-UW IRB, the PI, any PI proxies, and primary contact will receive an email notification that:
- HSD requires more information or a change to the application before confirming reliance; OR
- HSD has confirmed reliance on an external IRB
Once reliance has been confirmed, the study will move to Pending sIRB state until HSD records the reviewing IRB’s approval. Provide the approval letter to firstname.lastname@example.org once the study is approved.