HSD Office Hours
Schedule and Zoom Information
No sessions are currently scheduled.
The Human Subjects Division receives many applications from a wide variety of UW students, ranging from undergraduates in the College of Arts and Sciences to residents in the School of Medicine. We often find that students of all levels would benefit from additional support in navigating the IRB process from the beginning.
HSD is launching a pilot project to offer drop-in Zoom office hours to student researchers and new researchers in April and May 2023. Depending on the results of the pilot, we may offer additional office hours in the future.
At office hours, you will:
- Meet a representative from the team that reviews for your department
- Get guidance on:
- If you need to submit an IRB application, and if so, what you need to do next
- How to fill out the IRB protocol and other forms
- Using Zipline, the eIRB system
- Get referred to the appropriate HSD team for more complex questions
At office hours, you won’t:
- Receive IRB approval or an official determination for your project
- Get answers to questions about:
- Compliance issues, such as data breaches
- Working with another IRB or relying on the UW’s IRB for review if you’re affiliated with another institution