Why is my eGC1 marked “ineligible” for an advance budget number (ABN)?
- OSP has not yet approved the eGC1
- The sponsor has not granted pre-award spending authority (most contracts and non-federal awards) and the department has not provided an alternate budget number to charge should the sponsor not reimburse costs incurred outside pre-award spending authority.
- The anticipated award is a federal contract of $100,000 or more, or has a subaward with federal contract funding of $3,000 or more and personnel to be charged have not been verified in the E-verify system.
- Human subjects research expenditures will be charged, and IRB approval or Exempt Status determination has not been obtained.
- Animal use research expenditures will be charged, and IACUC approval has not been obtained.
- OSP has already prepared a funding action (FA) for the award and has sent it to GCA for processing.
- SFI disclosure and review is not complete.
What do I need to use the Advance Budget Number Eligibility Tool?
- Your eGC1 number
- Access to your eGC1
- Access to Status Checker
- The Request for Proposal (RFP), Program Announcement (PA) or Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) associated with your eGC1
- IRB approval, Exempt Status Determination, or required PI assurances
- IACUC approval, if applicable
My sponsor requires yearly fiscal reporting and does not allow automatic carryover. The next amendment is not here and my UW budget end date is very soon. What should I do?
An advance budget number may be appropriate. They allow the next year’s advance spending to be separated so it can be properly reported.
Review the Advance Budget Number information to see if your project is eligible.
More Budget Extension information.
Why did I get a browser error message for the Advance Budget Number Eligibility Tool?
“Compatibility mode” of Internet Explorer (IE) may cause the tool to think you have an older version of IE than you do.
Change the settings:
- Press F12 function key to access the Developer Tools window. This displays at the bottom of the page.
- Hover your mouse over the icons in the black bar at the right side of the screen and click on “Document Mode”.
- In the drop-down menu, click on the choice at the top of the list – this may be “Edge”
- Press the F12 key again to close the window – or use the X on the far right of the black bar.
If you are not using IE or you continue to get error messages, email firstname.lastname@example.org.