How do I ensure that facilities that I use for research involvoing ineligible hESC line(s) or hESC-like line(s) comply w/policy?

If there is any possibility that the facilities were either created and/or renovated using federal funds, the P.I. should ensure that work related to federally approved and non-federally approved hESC lines are accounted for separately, as follows:

• The easiest approach is to conduct the research on each type of line in different rooms;
• If research on both types of lines is commingled in the same room, a facilities survey should be used to assign appropriate portions of the facilities to all functions in the room, including research with federally approved and non-federally approved lines.

Please contact Management Accounting and Analyses (MAA) at 206-543-4990 with questions.