Why do I need to provide the blank consent of origin and IRB approval for lines that are not listed on the NIH hESC Registry?
Consent and IRB documents should ensure that individual decisions about donation will not affect the quality of care the donor receives and should ensure that donations are made free from undue influence. Please include original donor consent forms in original language as well as English translation for:
- egg donations made in context of research;
- egg donations made in the context of fertility treatment;
- sperm donor consent form for research;
- sperm donor consent form made in context of fertility treatment, consent form from donor of blastocyst if different from above;
- somatic cell donor consent form.
GIM 36 prohibits payment to a donor solely for the purpose of creating a human embryo to be used in hESC research.