Frequently Asked Questions - General OSP
- Who is the Cognizant Audit Agency and Individual?
- I’m submitting a GC1 for a supplement. Do I put just the supplement amount on the GC1, or the amount of the whole grant?
- Where should grant/contract payments be sent?
- How soon do I need to submit a proposal to OSP?
- Receiving errors while using the Advance Budget Eligiblity tool using Internet Explorer?
Department of Health and Human Services
OIG, Office of Audit
Federal Office Building, Room 171
50 United Nations Plaza
San Francisco, CA 94102
For point of contact, see signature line of F&A Rate Agreement
Put just the amount of the supplement on the GC1.
Grant & Contract payments should be sent payable to University of Washington", please include the UW budget number and invoice number if applicable on your check and mail to:
University of Washington
Grant and Contract Accounting
12455 Collections Drive
Chicago IL 60693
Clinical trial payments and other "Pay in Advance" projects should not be sent to this address. Instead, direct these to the PI, research coordinator, or fiscal personnel in the PI's department.
Refer to the University of Washington's policy for Internal Deadlines for Proposals to External Entities (GIM 19).
Adjusting compatibility settings in IE may resolve the error message.
If you are using Internet Explorer (IE) and receive the error message that you need to upgrade, it is likely due to the browser being in "compatibility" mode. This can cause the tool to think you have an older version of the browser than you do.
Change the settings to correct this:
* Press the F12 function key to access the Developer Tools window. This displays at the bottom of the page.
* Hover your mouse over the icons in the black bar at the right side of the screen and click on the "Document Mode" one.
* In the drop-down menu, click on the choice at the top of the list - this may be "Edge"
* Press the F12 key again to close the window - or use the X on the far right of the black bar
If you are not using IE or you continue to get error messages, email email@example.com.