August 23, 2017
Updates to Signature Delegation and Responsibilities: GIM 2 & GIM 8
Recent updates were made to the following GIMs:
- GIM 2: Acceptance of Sponsored Program Awards and Fiscal Compliance on Sponsored Program Accounts (Budget Numbers)
- GIM 8: Subrecipient Monitoring
GIM 2 Update Summary
- The PI is responsible for all costs incurred on an award including deficits and sponsor non-payments.
- Signature delegation must be current and in writing & the designee MUST have knowledge of the project and how expenses benefit the award.
Exceptions to signature delegation added:
- Senior/Key Personnel as defined by GIM 10 do not need delegation
- PI does not have to provide approval for the expenditure of a specific item identified in a proposal on an award that is funded (excluding subawards).
- PI or their written designee must approve all subaward expenditures (invoices) even if the subaward is identified in the proposal.
GIM 8 Update Summary
- The PI or their written designee must approve all subaward invoices.