July 9, 2021
Policy Update: GIM 9
Why Update GIM 9?
These updates were made to help ensure new processes and tool functionality are better aligned with our policy.
Summary of Changes
- Policy now also include temporary budget extensions
- Removed outdated or process oriented references where they were either replaced by SAGE functionality, were no longer relevant, or simply were more internal process steps
- e.g. OSP review & eligibility tool, GCA form & process steps, and a BI portal report that has been retired
- Updated Timeframe which increases duration for initial advance requests from six months to 12 or 18 months for clinical trials
- Also includes information on GCA’s additional review for requests that exceed 18 months
- PI section now also includes delegation of PI approvals
- Emphasis placed on the audit benefit associated with advance budgets
- Reordered and relocated content to match our current process flows: Monitoring and Non-Fiscal compliance sections
- Now includes references to relevant GIMs 2 and 23