December 7, 2018
Partial Federal Government Shutdown Possible 12.21.18
The Office of Research is closely monitoring a possible impending Government Shutdown.
While parts of the federal government (such as DHHS) are fully funded for the entire Fiscal Year ’19, other agencies face a shutdown if they are not funded on December 21
A list of affected U.S. departments and general guidance for a shutdown are included below.
We will keep you posted via MRAM and this announcement page will continue to be updated as we learn more.
Affected U.S. Departments & Agencies:
Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration
- National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA)
- US Forest Services (USFS)
Other USDA Agencies
Commerce, Justice, and Science
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
Transportation, Housing and Urban Development
Interior and Environment
- Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA)
- Fish & Wildlife (FWS)
- National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH)
- US Geological Survey (USGS)
State, Foreign Operations
General Guidance During a Shutdown:
- Active grants and contract activity may continue work if the shutdown is a short one.
- Sponsors may decide not to allow application submissions.
- Expect delays and lack of federal communications from affected agencies related to your proposals.
- Agency personnel may not be available for approvals, support or administrative functions.
- Affected agencies may temporarily stop making payments.
Please forward any communications received related to a shutdown and your federal awards to firstname.lastname@example.org.
updated with new date as of 10:17am, 12.07.18