February 15, 2019
Update: Partial Federal Government Shutdown
Update 2.15.19: Another Shutdown Averted
Congress has passed, and the President has signed, a spending bill. All federal agencies are now funded for the remainder of this federal fiscal year – through September 30, 2019.
National Science Foundation (NSF)
NSF published Post Shutdown guidance on Grant and Cooperative Agreement-Related Policy and Systems Issues Following the Resumption of Operations at the National Science Foundation.
- Implementation of the PAPPG 19 has been delayed until 2.25.19.
- Existing Solicitations or Dear Colleague Letter deadlines that were extended on 1.25.19 and are listed on NSF’s Resumption of Operations at NSF now have revised deadlines on that page.
- All proposals, reports, and no-cost extension requests submitted during the lapse in funding will be processed as NSF can practically do so.
- Award funding decisions-NSF will not be able to meet their customer service standard of six months of the deadline or target date, or receipt date – whichever is later.
- Grants & cooperative agreement issuance will occur as early as practical
- Processing Continuing Grant Increment funding not processed during the lapse will be prioritized.
- Award payments and the ability to draw down funds from NSF was reinstated on 1.28.19.
National Park Services
Performance under NPS financial assistance agreements is to continue/resume in accordance with the terms and conditions of the agreement. Contact the NPS Financial Assistance Awarding Officer listed in the financial assistance agreement if you have questions.
Announcement updated 2.15.19