December 17, 2019
NSF: SciENcv, Biographical Sketch, and Current & Pending Support
Update 5.29.2020: NSF Delays requirement for approved formats to October 5th.
NSF is finalizing PAPPG 2020 for release sometime in the coming months and asked us to share upcoming highlights related to SciENcv, the Biographical Sketch, and Current and Pending Support.
- NSF is partnering with the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to use SciENcv: Science Experts Network Curriculum Vitae as an NSF-approved format for preparation of both the Biographical Sketch and Current and Pending Support sections of an NSF proposal.
- NSF is encouraging proposers to begin using SciENcv for the Biographical Sketch now.
- Use of an NSF-approved format will be required for the Biographical Sketch and Current and Pending Support documents upon implementation of 2020 updates to the PAPPG.
- SciENcv allows proposers to enable pre-population for the Biographical Sketch from ORCiD. Additional information is available on the ORCiD website.
- SciENcv will produce NSF-compliant PDF versions of these documents. Proposers must save these documents and submit them as part of their proposals via FastLane or Research.gov.
- Additional resources including video tutorials are available on the SciENcv website.
NSF will let us know as soon as the revised PAPPG is released. In the meantime, continue to follow the guidance in PAPPG 19-1.