September 1, 2020
Upcoming Bridge Deadline to Submit Applications: November 1, 2020
Provost Bridge Funding
Upcoming Deadline to Submit Applications: November 1, 2020
The Provost’s Office provides bridge funding to support faculty to span the gap in critical research programs.
- Faculty with a track record of extramural funding who have lost all of their research support at the time of the Bridge application, or who will lose all of their research support within six months of the Bridge application deadline.
- Junior faculty with a record of productivity who have exhausted their startup funds, but who have not yet obtained their first research funding (including an RRF award) either as a PI or as a co-investigator.
- A facility providing a key resource to multiple faculty that has lost extramural support. One faculty member should submit the proposal on behalf of the team.
- Awards are a maximum of $50,000 for one year (from the Provost), and a 1:1 matching commitment is required from the department.
- Please see the Bridge Funding webpage for complete eligibility requirements, directions for the application and submission process, budget information, the notification of award, and the post-award process.
At the time funding is established or re-established, unspent funds will be returned to the bridge program so that others can benefit.
These programs are not intended to initiate new research projects. For those needs, researchers should apply to the Royalty Research Fund.