GEAR UP Washington
GEAR UP’s vision is that all students are academically, socially, and financially prepared to enter and complete the postsecondary program or institution of their choice. We believe that young people who start planning in middle school have a better chance of entering college and completing their degrees.
Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs (GEAR UP) is a competitive federal program that provides six- and seven-year grants to education/community partnerships and states to increase the number of low-income students who are prepared to enter and succeed in postsecondary education.
GEAR UP’S three objectives are:
- Increase academic performance and preparation for postsecondary education.
- Increase high school graduation and postsecondary participation rates.
- Increase students’ and their families’ knowledge of postsecondary options, preparation, and finances.
Check out videos and interviews from our alumni!
- Burlington-Edison Alumni Videos
- East Valley Alumni Videos
- Goldendale Alumni Videos
- Royal Alumni Videos
- Sunnyside Alumni Videos
- Toppenish/Mt. Vernon Alumni Videos
- Wahluke Alumni Videos
- White Swan Alumni Videos
- Zillah Alumni Videos
Map of Service Area