Welcome New Huskies

For those entering autumn 2020, we know you have many questions about how unanticipated changes to your schedule as a result of COVID-19 school modifications will affect your admission to the UW. Rest assured that we will be as flexible and understanding as possible. As always, we will review individual circumstances on a case-by-case basis. We will keep you up-to-date with the latest admissions information via email and here on this website, but feel free to contact us with any questions you may have. We’re here to help.

All admitted students are required to send final official transcripts showing all completed coursework. Scanned copies of transcripts uploaded with your online application are not considered official.

Final transcripts should be sent as soon as your coursework and high school graduation are recorded on the transcript.

The UW reserves the right to withdraw the offer of admission if:

  • Your final records fail to show completion of required courses,
  • You failed to maintain satisfactory scholastic standing in your coursework, or
  • Our decision was based on incomplete or inaccurate information you provided in your application file.


  • January 10 for winter quarter
  • April 10 for spring quarter (or as soon as possible if COVID-19 has caused school closures)
  • July 15 for summer and autumn quarter (or as soon as possible if COVID-19 has caused school closures)


Request a final, official high school transcript showing all completed coursework and grades received through your final year of high school.

Request transcripts from your school before the school closes for the summer.

Attended school(s) outside of the U.S.? If you attended school outside of the U.S., send a transcript from each high school attended, even if your current school has posted foreign transferred coursework on their own transcript.


Send official college or university transcripts from each school attended, regardless of the number of credits completed, length of the program, or whether the school is in the U.S or outside the U.S. You are not required to send official high school transcripts unless specifically requested to do so by the Office of Admissions.

Additional guidelines and information about transcripts:

  • To be official, the transcript must be the original or an attested photocopy with a fresh school stamp or seal and the institution’s authorizing signature.
  • Transcript(s) must be in a sealed envelope from the school.
  • Transcripts sent electronically by the high school through Naviance, Parchment Exchange, or directly from a WA State community college will be considered official and hard copies do not need to be mailed.
  • Transcripts sent by email will not be considered official.
  • All transcripts must be accompanied by an official English translation in the same format as the original(s).  To be official, the translations must be stamped as official by the school or be certified as accurate by a certified translator.
  • National exams: Send an official copy of each national exam certificate you have received.
    • Request your school to make an official photocopy of the original exam certificate by stamping the photocopy as official, or you can hand deliver the original exam certificate to the Office of Admissions.
    • Examples of national exam certificates include:
      •  I/GCSE, Singapore-Cambridge (O-level)
      • SPM exam certificates
      • 10th year Indian Secondary School Certificate and 12th year Indian Higher Secondary School Certificate

Mail official transcripts to:

Regular mail

University of Washington
Office of Admissions
Box 355852
Seattle, WA 98195-5852

Express mail

University of Washington Mailing Services
3900 7th Ave NE
Office of Admissions, Box 355852
Seattle, WA 98195-5852